In the this episode, I talk with Lou Diamond, best-selling author, podcaster, TV host and CEO of Thrive, who shares with me his Connect to Thrive process and S.A.F.E model for creating open, meaningful, and authentic connections that will help you thrive and grow as an entrepreneur.
Lou explains why empathy, listening, and asking questions are some of the greatest tools you can use to strengthen your connections with others and why this is so powerful. He tells me, “Work on your power of empathy. You will grow closer to your clients and partners than you ever would have imagined because you’re thinking of a ‘we’ approach instead of a ‘me’ approach.”
We also chat about how to openly communicate your brand to others, how to find our purpose and “super power” by defining your why, a 3-step process for facing your fears head on, why networking is not the same as connecting and exercises you can do right now to flex and strengthen your “connection muscles.”
In This Episode You Will Learn
- The Connect to Thrive Process for Creating Powerful Business Connections
- Why You Cannot Thrive and Grow Without Strong Personal Connections
- The S.A.F.E Model for Becoming a Better Connector
- How to Openly Communicate What Your Brand Believes
- The 3 Step Process to Moving Through Your Fears As An Entrepreneur
- How to Find Your Purpose and Super Power By Defining Your Why
- The 3 Steps of Empowering Empathy
- Why Networking and Connecting Are Not the Same Thing
Continue the Conversation with Lou
Get a copy of Lou’s book Master The Art of Connecting
Lou Diamond is THE Master Connector. He has over a quarter century of experience in sales, relationship management, business development and executive coaching. He is an international keynote speaker, consultant, leadership & performance coach, best-selling author, podcast & TV host and CEO of Thrive, a company focused on making the most amazing people, businesses and brands become even more amazing through the power of connecting.