There are millions and millions of consultants, coaches and professional service firm owners who LOVE their work and all they want is a consistent flow of great clients.
Dov Gordon is known for helping his clients build simple, repeatable, client-getting systems around their personal strengths.
The Difference Between Attention and Interest (And Why It Matters In Marketing)
In this episode I talk with Dove Gordon, self-proclaimed ‘Alchemist Entrepreneur’ who helps consultants, coaches and entrepreneurs develop a consistent flow of their ideal clients. We dive into the underlying psychology and structure of sales, and why this is always where you should start before ever implementing specific marketing tactics.
Dov knows the importance of understanding the rules of marketing and walks us through his 5 step system to attracting your ideal client. As he tells me, “If you’re looking to be a successful consultant, coach or expert, there’s an underlying structure that governs everything you do. Once you have an understanding of that, those are like the rules of game. If you know the rules, you’ll leverage them. If you don’t, you’ll break yourself against them.”
We talk about why you need to focus on either a client’s problem or result in your messaging (not your system or modality), the 3 questions a client will always ask themselves before they’ll consider buying from you, how to stand out and differentiate yourself in your chosen field, how to craft a message that has “marketing helium,” how to create the “eavesdrop” effect that gets a client’s interest and attention, and many more not to be missed marketing insights.
In This Episode You Will Learn
- The Psychology of Sales
- A Simple, Repeatable Marketing System That Brings Your Ideal Clients to You Again and Again
- The Number One Question You Need to Ask Yourself in Your Marketing
- 3 Questions A Client Will Always Ask Themselves Before Buying From You
- How to Create the “Eavesdrop Effect” That Gets the Attention AND Interest of Your Ideal Client
- Why You Need “Marketing Helium” – And How to Avoid “Hot Air Messaging”
- How to Create Your Simple, Compelling Marketing Message
- Why Specific Marketing Tactics Should Always Be Developed Last
Continue the Conversation with Dov
Learn more about Dov and download his free, zero fluff ebook, ‘The Manual – How to Systematically and Consistently Attract First Rate Clients’ here.